St. Peters Roman Catholic Cemetery Drogheda, Co. Louth
He was a native of Bavaria in the extreme south east of Germany, which Czechoslovakia and Austria on its north ans south borders. He came to Drogheda in 1863 and set up a jewellers shop at 116 West Street. He was Mr Reinhart Albert, and when he died September 13th 1893, aged 43 years, he was buried in the newly opened cemetery of St. Peters, at the end of Windmill Lane. His monument states "the first interred in this cemetery".
Four months previously on the 3rd of June 1893, the sale of this 8 acre field was finally sanctioned to Monsignor Robert Murphy. P.P. when the Chord Cemetery was ordered to be closed, because of overcrowding. St. Peters Parish now had a new burial ground situated at a convenient distance from the town and church.
(sourced from "St Peters Parish Cemetery, Drogheda" book by James Garry)
- View Interactive Graveyard Map
- Search for the deceased in this graveyard
- View historical documents for this graveyard
- View persons of interest in this graveyard