Magheradroll Church of Ireland Ballynahinch, Co. Down
Our hope is for growth in numbers and in Christian maturity. In fact, growth is very much part of our vision for the next five years. There is a desire to encourage bright, relevant worship and that the Lord would add to us those who share this vision.
The parish dates back to the 15th Century and was then called Ardagaualle. The current building with its spire was consecrated in 1829. This replaced an earlier church destroyed in the 1798 rebellion. The church building was enlarged with a second aisle and porch together with a spire atop the tower in 1870. The Conacher organ was installed in 1899. A new roof was built in 1922. Fine stained glass windows were added in the 1950's and the sanctuary was reordered in the 1970's.
James Forde was vicar for 55 years until his death in 1816. The present Rector, Canon Warren Russell has been incumbent in the parish since 1983
(Information sourced from Parish website)
- View Interactive Graveyard Map
- Search for the deceased in this graveyard
- View historical documents for this graveyard
- View persons of interest in this graveyard
Council: Down District Council