St. John the Baptist Church of Ireland, Bushmills, Co Antrim
Situated on the edge of the River Bush, the parish church of Dunluce was built in 1822 upon the ancient church ruin of Portcamon, the walls of which were pulled down immediately prior to the building of the new church.
Until 1824 vicars were appointed to serve, the first being William Wallace appointed in 1629.
The ruin of the old church of the parish of Dunluce, St Cuthbert, is next to Dunluce Castle on the south side. Built at the beginning of the 17th century as a chapel to the castle it was later used as the parish church and continued in this purpose until the building of the new church in Bushmills in 1822.
The parish consists of the beautiful seaport village of Portballintrae, the town of Bushmills and Benvarden estate to the south.
(Information sourced from parish website)
- View Interactive Graveyard Map
- Search for the deceased in this graveyard
- View historical documents for this graveyard
- View persons of interest in this graveyard
Council: Moyle District Council