St. Brigid's Roman Catholic Church Drumkeeran, Co Leitrim
St Brigid's Church, Drumkeeran, the parish church, was built in 1869, replacing the earlier "Bog Chapel" which dated from the mid 1770's.
This is a fine sandstone church built on an elevated site overlooking Lough Allen. It was built while Fr James McPartlan was parish priest and was opened by Bishop Nicholas Conaty in 1869. The belfry was added in 1886.
Fr McPartlan was a native of the parish, having been born in the townland of Greaghnaslieve. He died in 1886 and he is buried within the walls of the church, beside the altar of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- View Interactive Graveyard Map
- Search for the deceased in this graveyard
- View historical documents for this graveyard
- View persons of interest in this graveyard