St. Fursey's RC Church, Haggardstown, Co. Louth
Saint Oliver Plunkett’s Church, Blackrock, was opened and dedicated in 1923. The work on the construction of the Haggardstown church probably began shortly after Catholic emancipation in 1829, as there is a record of a wedding being celebrated in 1833. However, the church was not consecrated until 1854. At the outset the church was named Saint Fursey’s. Saint Fursa was born in Ireland in the seventh century and became one of the great monastic missionaries aboard, first in East Anglia and later in France.
- View Interactive Graveyard Map
- Search for the deceased in this graveyard
- View historical documents for this graveyard
- View persons of interest in this graveyard