St. Trea's Roman Catholic Church Newbridge, Co. Derry
Cardinal Logue in 1896 dedicated the church of St Trea at Newbridge. This church, an outlying church of the parish of Magherafelt, serving the Newbridge/Ballymaguigan area, dated back to 1831. By the end of that century the church was in need of major refurbishment which resulted in a virtually new building. The refurbishment was carried out under the direction of Canon MacNiece, PP (1893-1901). St Trea, a contemporary of St Patrick, had, according to the Tripartite Life of St Patrick, been blessed by the great saint. St Trea is thus witness to a long and continuing tradition of Christian values, belief and practice in the South Derry area. Newbridge became a parish in its own right in 1993.
- View Interactive Graveyard Map
- Search for the deceased in this graveyard
- View historical documents for this graveyard
- View persons of interest in this graveyard
Council: Magherafelt District Council
County Co. Derry/Londonderry