St. John's Roman Catholic Church Swatragh, Co. Derry
"The present parish of Granaghan is of comparatively recent origin, having existed only since 1977. Prior to this date the parish had been attached to the neighbouring parish of Maghera, but had always retained a degree of autonomy due to the fact that it had a Parochial house and resident Curate."
"The parish consists of eighteen townlands covering an area of approximately ighteen square miles and is situated in the civil parishes of Maghera and Killelagh."
"The parish of Granaghan is named after after the townlands in which the present church stands and also its predecessor, the old church on Granaghan Rocks some half mile to the south. The earliest mention of the place Granaghan - which means in Irish 'The little grvelly place' - comes to us from the plantation records of Ulster."
- Joseph Doherty from the booklet "Church of St. John the Baptist Granaghan, Co. Derry 1839 - 1989"
- View Interactive Graveyard Map
- Search for the deceased in this graveyard
- View historical documents for this graveyard
- View persons of interest in this graveyard
Council: Magherafelt District Council
County Co. Derry/Londonderry